09 March 2020
- During the contact tracing process related to the Italian tourist—who recently holidayed in Kuredu Island Resort & Spa in Lhaviyani Atoll, and tested positive for COVID-19 upon return to Italy—authorities discovered that the tourist stayed in Maagiri Hotel (Malé) from 1-2 March 2020. 13 individuals who came into contact with the tourist are now in quarantine and are being monitored.
- The Italian tourist also came into contact with a staff of Universal ticketing office. The employee who exhibited COVID-19 like symptoms has now been isolated at the Farukolhufushi Isolation Facility for monitoring and testing.
- A Maldivian after developing COVID19 like symptoms in Sh. Foakaidhoo is being transferred to Farukolhufushi Isolation Facility for further monitoring and testing.
- Samples of two foreign nationals staying in Bathala island was tested positive for COVID-19.
- Government of Maldives has decided to temporarily restrict entry of passengers originating from and transiting through Bangladesh effective from 00:00hrs on 10 March 2020.
8 March 2020
- An Italian national, who developed COVID-19 like symptoms while on holiday in Sandies Bathala island in North Ari Atoll is undergoing monitoring and testing. Temporary restrictive measures have been initiated in the resort until contact tracing is completed.
- Since the test result of two foreign nationals was negative for COVID-19. Temporary restrictive measures placed on Summer Island Resort lifted Summer have been released for the resort.