12th March 2020
Latest update of COVID-19 as of 1900hrs
- Confirm Cases: 8
- Farukolhu Isolation Facility:9
- Villivaru Quarantine: 16
- In relation to COVID-19, by the discretionary powers vested in the Minister of Health by the Section 33 of the 7/2012 Public Health Act the Minister has declared a State of Public Health Emergency for a period of 30 days from 12th March 2020. Although this state of emergency imposes possible restrictive measures to strengthen containment of the disease, currently this situation poses no restrictions for tourists to enter the country. However, this excludes the countries on whom the government of Maldives has announced temporary suspension of travelers. These countries include China, Iran, specific areas of South Korea, Italy and Bangladesh. As a measure to contain disease outbreak, currently, all excursions are to be halted until further notice.
- Samples are being taken from 10 individuals Isolated in Kuredu Island Resort due to developing COVID19 like symptoms.
- Samples are being taken as a precautionary measure, from two foreign national in OBLU-Sangeli Resort who developed COVID19 like symptoms. Monitoring mechanisms are in place till further notice.
- One Maldivian and two foreign nationals quarantined at Villivaru Quarantine Facility (VQF) is being transferred to be isolated at home after been tested NEGATIVE
- Sample taken from the Maldivian national who returned from Malaysia has been tested NEGATIVE
- Three Maldivians quarantined at Villivaru Quarantine Facility (VQF) are being transferred home for self-isolation.
- As part of HPA’s efforts to spread more awareness regarding COVID19 Ooredoo Maldives customers will now hear an awareness message instead of their usual ring back tone.
- As a precautionary measure samples are being taken from a foreign national in Iruveli Resort who has displayed COVID19 like symptoms. Monitoring mechanisms are in place till samples are tested.
- Samples taken from a Maldivian individual have been tested as NEGATIVE and have been transferred back home from Farukolhu isolation facility.
- Samples are being taken as a precautionary measure, from a foreign national in Sun Aqua Iru Veli Resort who developed COVID19 like symptoms. Monitoring mechanisms are in place till further notice
- A Maldivian national who stayed in the same building as an individual positive for COVID19 has recently returned from Malaysia. Since returning from Malaysia, & upon displaying COVID19 like symptoms, the Maldivian is now being transferred to Farukolhu for monitoring & testing.