Pursuant to the Health Protection Agency (HPA)’s circular (IUL)23-L/452/2021/9) dated 06 August 2021, ease in travel restrictions will apply effective from 1st September 2021, based on the following COVID-19 vaccination coverage and COVID-19 positivity rate in initial departing island and travel quarantine measures:
1. COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage
- At least 90% of the eligible resident population above 12 years of age have completed full dosage of vaccination.
- At least 90% of the eligible resident population above 65 years of age completed full dosage of vaccination
- At least 95% of staffs in all tourist facilities of the tourist guest house islands have completed full dosage of vaccination
2. Pre-departure PCR Testing and Travel Quarantine Measures
- Should the traveler be fully vaccinated*, and the destination island has met the aforementioned vaccination coverage rates as stated in point 1, the following shall apply:
- Pre-departure testing, and on-arrival travel quarantine is no longer required if the initial departing island has a COVID-19 positivity rate below 5%*
- Pre-departure COVID-19 PCR testing*, and on-arrival travel quarantine is required if the initial departing island has a COVID-19 positivity rate above 5%*
- If the traveler is not fully vaccinated, they must complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival irrespective of the destination island vaccination coverage rate as in point 1.
- If the traveler is not fully vaccinated, and the destination island has not met the vaccination coverage rates per as stated in point 1, the traveler must undergo pre-departure COVID-19 PCR testing, and complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival
- Individuals who have not completed their COVID-19 vaccination regimen must bear the costs of pre-departure, and quarantine release PCR testing.
* All pre-departure COVID-19 PCR testing must be done with a sample obtained 72 hours prior to departure
* An individual is fully vaccinated if it has been 14 days after the last dose of vaccination.
* Positivity rates are calculated based on the results of weekly random samples collected in the island
Vaccination coverage of islands are published and updated by Health Protection Agency, with information provided by the Island authorities. As per the information available from the respective islands as of 15th September 2021, the islands fitting to the vaccination criteria stated in point 1 are as follows:
|LOCATION||POPULATION||2 DOSE VACCINATED||VACCINATED COVERAGE(%)|
|Atoll||Island||Total Number of 12+ Living Population||Total Number of 65+ living in island*||Total Population in tourist services*||Total Number of 12+ Living Population||Vaccinated Total 65+ Living Population*||Vaccinated Total Population in tourist services*||Vaccinated Coverage of Total 12+ Living Population (%)||Vaccinated Coverage of 65+ Population (%)||Vaccination Coverage of people in tourist service* (%)||All Criteria Fulfilled|
Last updated on 15th September 2021 2:57 PM